Friday, June 25, 2010
Weekend’s best picks in Tyler & Longview: June 25-27
Great music? Check. Football? Check. America's foremost conservative voice coming to Tyler? You know it. Keep reading for more details...
* Hard week at work? Wind down at Texas Roads Winery & Tasting Room in Canton with Todd Rinlee. Todd plays all kinds of special music on his guitar including- Jazz, Latin, Western and Blues!
* ShineBox will be jamming out their best tunes at the Half Moon Grill & Saloon this Friday at 8 PM.
* Come out and listen to Remedy Stick continue on the tradition of Texas bred Music at Leons Steakhouse & Saloon. They are sure to bring the house down!
* Crossroads Music Company Venue is having Emily Elbert, student of Berklee College of Music, come and perform! The 20 year old is a singer and songwriter that sings like a seasoned 30 year old with deep musical roots and a clear love for creative expression. It's a performance you don't want to miss.
* One tragic car wreck after church led to the death of Molly Stanley. Left behind was her 2 year old daughter Kennedy. Numerals, Still Bent, Born 2 Nothing, Moving Castles, Remaining Anonymous & Blue Jean Harmonic will be performing in her honor. All proceeds will go towards the memorial fund towards her daughter Kennedy. The show is at Clicks Live at 7 PM.
* America's foremost conservative voice, Sarah Palin, is coming to town! Governor Palin will appear in round format, she will not only give remarks but take questions from the audience. Her appearance will occur at the Oil Palace beginning at 7 PM. Tickets will range from $35 to $100, you don't want to miss out on this event!
* Come out and support your East Texas Drillers! They will be playing the Missouri City Blitz at 3 PM at the Oil Palace.
* Open Rockin' Jam hosted by The Alan Fox Band is happening at Fast Freddy's at 6 pm. Come out and have some fun! Bring your friends and plug and play. It's an open jam, so anyone who wants to sing and play can perform!